The CryptoNaturalist Sampler Cross Stitch Pattern
File Type: PDF
For Personal Use Only
A modern cross stitch sampler! A sampler is a piece of embroidery or cross-stitching produced as a 'specimen of achievement', demonstration or a test of skill in needlework. It often includes the alphabet, figures, motifs, decorative borders and sometimes the name of the person who embroidered it and the date. This pattern is very flexible and can accommodate any colour combinations you wish.
The poem in this design was created by Jarod K. Anderson / The CryptoNaturalist Podcast and is used with direct permission.
185 stitches wide x 218 stitches high
With the fractional stitches, this would be a great design for stitching over-two on high-count evenweave fabric (25/28/32/36) but also can be done over-one on Aida counts (14/16/18)
Chart is designed for Aida 18ct but you can use any count you are comfortable with
Design Sizes Based on Cloth Count:
14 count: 13.2” x 15.6”
16 count: 11.6” x 13.6”
18 count: 10.3” x 12.1”
22 count: 8.4” x 9.9”
Types of Stitches
full cross stitches, fractional/three-quarter stitches
Number of Colours
PDF Chart Includes
- Black and White Symbols
- Symbols on Colour Blocks
- Single Page + Multiple Page options
- Key to the pattern
- Thread Lengths & Number of Stitches
- Fractional Stitch Tip Sheet
● This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not publish or share the PDF pattern or files with anyone else.
● You may sell finished the physically stitched pieces if you wish; credit to ScreamingHeartDesign as the designer would be appreciated :)
● This pattern is an instant PDF file download. Fabric, floss/threads or other materials are not included in the listing.
● Due to the nature of digital files, I cannot accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. If you have any questions, please contact me!