Gangelwaefre - Old English Spider Cross Stitch Pattern
File Type: PDF
For Personal Use Only
Old English has some wonderful words that have fallen into disuse. One of my favourites is Gangelwaefre, which is their word for Spider and literally translates into “the walking weaver” 🖤
This pattern was designed with glow in the dark thread (DMC E940) in mind, but can easily be adapted any thread you like!
140 stitches wide x 140 stitches high
Chart is charted for Aida 16ct but you can use any count you are comfortable with!
Design Sizes Based On Cloth Count
14ct: 10” x 10”
16ct: 8.8” x 8.8”
18ct: 7.8” x 7.8”
Types of Stitches
full cross stitches and backstitching
Number of Colours
PDF Chart Includes
- Black and White Symbols
- Symbols on Colour Blocks
- Key to the pattern
- Thread Lengths & Number of Stitches
- Multiple Page + Single Page options
● This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not publish or share the PDF pattern or files with anyone else.
● You may sell finished the physically stitched pieces if you wish; credit to ScreamingHeartDesign as the designer would be appreciated :)
● This pattern is an instant PDF file download. Fabric, floss/threads or other materials are not included in the listing.
● Due to the nature of digital files, I cannot accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations. If you have any questions, please contact me!